Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

My Story With Dmoz

4 years ago I remember when some of my friend was talking about submitting the directories and he was talking about e-marketing and SEO and all the related issues, and I remember when he posted something on his Fan page on Facebook talking about Dmoz.

to be honest I didn't give it so much care even I didn't care LOL, but someday I decided to read about It, because a lot of times the word Dmoz was popping up in our talk me and my friends, and It was more when I decided to create my own blog about FC Barcelona my lovely team, so they told me submit it in dmoz, and pray for god that they accept it to be listed in the directory.

I was just saying .. hey why all this attention and why all this talk about Dmoz a lot of bla bla bla, to be honest I just submitted a request to add my website, and began to read more about Dmoz, what made me surprise when I saw that there's a lot of attention for the directory, a lot of forums blogs discussions and and and talking about it, this one saying I submitted 3 years ago but until now I am waiting and this one is saying " hey u waited 3 .. I am waiting 5 years " .. and someone called " jimnoble " was talking a position of power I realized later that he's an editor there in Dmoz.


to be honest until this moment the all issue didn't make sense for me, some people are fighting and discussing about submitting in a directory and they are so offensive in talking with " some editor ", It's insane if you make a fight with someone for something like this, but they didn't success in provoking him , he was so calm , to be honest I liked how he's handling the talk , anyway I just closed my PC after I read this thread.

the next day when I met my friend he said " congratulationsss MOE your website has been listed in dmoz " I remember that the first thing I did is to open this forums and I wrote " you waited 3 years and you waited 5 .. but It took 6 days from me to be listed in dmoz " LOL .. I just teased them then I closed .

someday I found someone I know saying " I applied to be an editor long time ago but they ignored me, I just said " hey stop this talk don't be stupid .. what you will get if you became an editor " he said a lot I will list all my websites, I asked him " and what you will gain of listing your websites there " I was a little bit stupid lol :D .. I just said hey give me the link I want to give it a try .. I did it and I forgot totally that I did it.

after submitting there with one week, I left the work and I traveled to Sharm El-Shiekh and I stayed there for 1 month then I went back , all this time I didn't check my mail, so when I went back home I opened my mail to see what's the news, and I was shocked when I saw that I received a mail from no-reply@dmoz.org saying you have been accepted and providing me with the username and the password, It was a fucking beautiful surprise not because I joined dmoz but because I will tease the boys in the forums saying you will spend all your life talking and arguing while I submitted and became an editor, It was a big LOL for me that you didn't think about anything It was the luck and GOD will to join this community while a lot outside trying a lot of years but they didn't do it..

to be continued
MOE

No comments:

Post a Comment